Best MMA headgear
Contact sports have been around for ages. It started as a means of entertainment, and it still is to this day, but now people perform it at a competition level now. And who does not enjoy a good fight? One thing to remember here is that one of the most important aspects of any close contact sport, including MMA, is the safety equipment. MMA is a pretty brutal fighting style, and injuries occur all the time. Especially if the person who gets hurt does not wear the appropriate MMA headgear.
While involved in MMA fights, the most common injuries are the ones that occur in the facial area. How many times did you watch a match and saw the fighters with their faces full of blood, broken noses and swollen eyes? I guess that the answer is all the time. I do not think there is a fight in which blood is not spilled, and eyes do not become swollen. That is why the presence of an MMA headgear is crucial. While a broken nose and a swollen eye are not severe medical conditions, some other injuries can occur that can actually affect the fighter’s physical integrity and even his life.
The pros and cons of MMA headgear
Every product comes with its own advantages and disadvantages. That is why you need to do your research before buying yourself one. Below you will find the most common pros and cons for an MMA headgear.
- Protection – this is the most obvious reason why an MMA headgear is a must for a fighter. It protects the most sensitive areas of the face such as eyes, cheeks, and the jawline. Those are the areas where you can get cut by the gloves of the opponent. At the same time, your nose and chin are somewhat safer as well. They are usually the primary target of your opponent, and the most common injuries occur to your nose. It is the first one that spills blood. Fighters who do hard sparring know exactly what I am talking about.
- Reduces bruising – while cuts and broken noses are frequent, bruising is even more so. An MMA headgear is detrimental for fewer bruises. After all, not all MMA fighters make a living out of matches. Amateur MMA fighters have other jobs, and they cannot show up to work with black eyes.
While an MMA headgear is most useful, it can have some negative effects as well. For example:
- You will not enjoy the same range of vision – since there is a lot of foam padding, you will have more blind spots as well. The more padding, the less peripheral vision. That is why MMA headgear that is used during competitions have less padding. There is no chin and cheek protection. That way you can see the on-coming punches better. Although it is safe to say that the best protection is to avoid getting punched.
- You become a larger target – there is a theory supported by boxing organizations which say the MMA headgear turns you into a more prominent target. Thus you get more punches and the chance of getting a head injury It may not be blood, but the impact of the blow on the head can lead to a concussion.
- It gives you a false sense of security – you may think that if you have all that foam on your head, you are safe, which sometimes can make you reckless in your fighting. That may lead to more punches, and you can suffer a brain injury caused by a direct blow. While feeling confident is a good thing in all contact sports, that confidence should be built on your fighting skills and not the gear that protects you.
How to choose the best MMA headgear
When it comes to selecting the best MMA headgear, you need to first establish what exactly what are your expectations from it. You must also weigh in other factors such as:
- Comfortable and secure fit – while this may seem something related to convenience, it is actually more important than you think. An MMA headgear that is comfortable and fit you just right will lead to a safer and better performance. For example, if your headgear is loose during sparring, your vision will quickly become affected, and taking a punch or two is far more likely. Another concern regarding the fit is the material the manufacturer used to produce the item. If it used smooth vinyl lining, the headgear becomes slippery and slimy during your training session because you sweat a lot. That can cause the equipment to shift and twist on your head. The best material you can go for is suede or microfiber. They are soft, thus comfortable, but they also absorb moisture and they cannot They also feel a little bit gross from all that moisture, but you cannot have it all.
- Chin straps type – the way you secure your headgear on your head is another thing you need to consider. You can find multiple kinds, but a buckle will always be better than velcro. The hook and loop is another method, but they can stretch in time, and they become loose at some point.
- The level of padding – as I said before, the more padding an MMA headgear has, the less visibility you enjoy. As you can imagine, there is no way around it. You care more about your face or about the fight itself. You need to pick a side. Of course, the best defense is not getting hit at all, but even the best fighters get knocked off sometimes. A competition-grade MMA headgear, on the other hand, seems to provide some balance. It does not have so much padding, but you still get some security. Combine that with not getting hit too many times, and you have a winner.
- Foam vs. gel – as for the padding itself, it does matter what it is made of. As opposed to foam, gel is a little bit more efficient. It can take a hit without passing on the force of the blow to your face. Some MMA fighters say that gel is by far the best because the level of pain during matches is way lower, and they can continue longer.
- Weight and size – MMA headgear comes in different sizes. They are made for men, women, and children. As for weight, the more the headgear weighs, the less quick you will be. The weight will drag you down, so to speak. At the end of the day, this is a matter of preference. If you want to be safer and move a little bit slower, that is your choice.
What are the best MMA headgears?
Finding the best MMA headgear should not be difficult. The choices are endless, and you should be able to do it easily, especially since I gave you all the information you need. At the same time, it could not hurt for you to read some MMA headgears reviews online. People buy this kind of products every day, and they are the most qualified to tell you whether a particular product is worth its value or not. Until then, you can take a look at the products below.
Sanabul Essential Professional Boxing MMA Kickboxing Head Gear
If you are looking for an affordable solution, the Sanabul headgear may be what you are searching for. It provides fantastic protection and coverage of both your face and head whether you train or spar. The contact sport does not matter. You can box, practice kickboxing, mix martial arts, karate, or tae kwon do. The Sanabul headgear will do its best to protect your face as well as possible.
The Sanabul headgear features performance engineered leather construction. The material is high-quality and durable. You should have an easy time maintaining and cleaning it. It also does not crack easily under the force of the punches, so it should last for an extended period of time. You can find it in several colors, and the sizes vary from small to extra-large.
This headgear is made with superb Impact-Dura shock foam, and it provides protection for your entire face. The manufacturer also added chin padding to protect your jaw. As for comfort and fit, this product features a secure and comfortable closure system. It is a hook and loop mechanism. It will become loose after a while, but that is the risk with this kind of mechanism. Other than that, for the money you are spending, you are getting an excellent MMA headgear.
Venom Challenger 2.0 Headgear
Since this is a 2.0, I suppose there is a 1.0 version, but it was exceeded by this model. The Venom MMA headgear is one of the most popular products on Amazon. That is because the price is somewhere between low and high, but the quality is unquestionable. It will provide with maximum protection while you are training or sparring, and your face will look pretty much the same after every fight. That, of course, if you can avoid as many punches as you can.
The Venom product is distinguished from other products in this category on the grounds that it is ultra-lightweight. It weighs only 12 ounces, which is incredible since it has so much padding. That is one of the primary reasons people are satisfied with it. The padding is made of triple-density contoured foam for maximum comfort. It is durable and will provide protection for a long time. The exterior is made with Skintex leather, which is durable material that does not crack as easy as other materials. The leather will also absorb some of the moisture so that the headgear does not slide.
The headgear from Venom uses a flexible two-way Velcro closure. It is not as good as a mechanism that uses buckles, but it is better than the hook and loop system. As for size, this product is available in one size that fits all, and there are three color combinations.
RDX Leather Head Guard
Last but not least, the RDX headgear is another product that you may enjoy. You can find it in sizes that vary from small to extra-large and four color combinations. They are suitable for both men and women, but for children as well as long as the small size fits comfortably and securely on the child’s head.
The shell-shock based tri-slab Max-Shock foam padding (I know that the name is long and confusing) is designed to absorb most of the high-intensity shock you get during a fight. That is very good news for the integrity of head. That is possible thanks to the shock-absorbent gel technology included in this headgear. It will provide the ultimate protection and efficiency.
The RDX headgear uses an adjustable quick-ex hook and loop closure. While I do not usually like this mechanism, the fact that it is adjustable will give you more time until the closure becomes obsolete. The exterior is lined with resilient Maya Hide leather, which is an incredibly resilient material. And long-lasting. As a bonus, the manufacturer added an optional and removable plastic encased face-grill for even more protection. If you are a beginner, you may want to rely on that before you develop your skills.
To be honest, I would rely on each of the three MMA headgears above. However, since I have to pick just one, my suggestion is that you buy the RDX Leather Head Guard. It has the gel technology, and the padding seems more suitable for most MMA fighters. It may be a lot of it, but I still think this is one of the best MMA headgears you can get for yourself.
Safety comes first in every existing field. Why would that be any different when we fight on purpose. Several concussions can lead to permanent brain injury, which is something that none of us wish. For us or for anybody else. One of the MMA headgears will protect you against that, which is why my advice is to for any of them. I am sure that you will make the right call. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Getting the Best Twins Headgear
- Mma Shin Guards Ideas
- Thoughts on Cheap Boxing Headgear in an Easy to Follow Manner
- Outrageous Mma Gloves Tips
- If You Read Nothing Else Today, Read This Report on Shock Doctor Mouthguard
- Short Article Reveals the Undeniable Facts About Boxing Mask and How It Can Affect You
- The Secrets of Mma Shorts Exposed
- Things You Won’t Like About Sparring Headgear Boxing and Things You Wil
- The Hidden Treasure of Everlast Boxing Headgear
- What You Can Do About Headgear for Boxing Beginning in the Next Six Minutes
- What You Need to Know About Boxing Face Mask and Why
- Kids, Work and Fighting Headgear
- The Honest to Goodness Truth on Best Sparring Headgear
- Why Absolutely Everyone Is Talking About Mma Helmet
- Life, Death and Jiu Jitsu Headgear
- Finding Youth Boxing Headgear on the Web
- Things You Won’t Like About Title Boxing Headgear and Things You Will
- The Recently Leaked Secret to Kickboxing Headgear Uncovered
- Boxing Sparring Headgear – Is it a Scam?
- The Battle Over Winning Headgear and How to Win It
- Muay Thai Headgear Explained
- Key Pieces of Title Headgear
- The Basic Facts of Headgear Mma
- The Battle Over Venum Headgear and How to Win It
- Fraud, Deceptions, and Downright Lies About Boxing Head Guard Exposed
- Who Else Wants to Learn About Best Headgear for Boxing?
- The Basics of Bjj Headgear
- Definitions of Boxing Gloves and Headgear
- The Hidden Gem of Sparring Headgear
- The Lost Secret of Everlast Headgear
- Secret Shortcuts to Boxing Helmet That Only Very Few People Know
- The Chronicles of Best Boxing Headgear
- All About Headgear Boxing
- Getting the Best Mma Headgear
- The Foolproof Boxing Headgear Strategy